1. 2 packs of Pork and leek sausages
2. 900g (2lb) Potatoes
3. 2 Leeks, sliced
4. 100g (4oz) Black pudding
5. 1 Eating apple, cored with skin left on
6. 150ml (1/2pt) Cider or apple juice
7. 1 Sprig fresh thyme
8. 1 Splash of milk
9. 1 Knob of butter
1. Peel 900g (2lb) potatoes and cut into chunks. Place into a pan, cover with water and boil for about 15 minutes until soft. During the last 8-10 minutes add 2 leeks, sliced.
2. Meanwhile in a small frying pan cook 100g (4oz) black pudding, cut into cubes until golden and crispy.
3. In a large pan dry-fry 450g (1lb) pork and leek sausages for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. During the last 5 minutes of cooking time add 1 eating apple, cored but skin left on, to the pan and allow to lightly brown.
4. Add 150ml (¼pt) cider or apple juice and a sprig of fresh thyme to sausages and allow to bubble until reduced slightly.
5. Drain the potatoes and leeks, and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter. Stir through the black pudding.
6. Serving suggestion - Serve the sausages with the black pudding and leek mash, apple gravy and seasonal green vegetables of your choice.