1. 2 packs of Musk’s Newmarket Sausages
2. 250g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced
3. 300ml of double cream
4. 300g of penne pasta
5. 60g of Parmesan cheese, grated
6. 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves stripped from stem
7. 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
8. 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
9. 1 tbsp olive oil
10. 150ml white wine
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the sausages for 8-10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
3. Once the sausages are cooked, remove them from the pan and set aside. Add more oil to the pan, if necessary, and fry the garlic, thyme and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms begin to soften and brown. Pour in the wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add the cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4. Cut each sausage diagonally into 1cm slices. Stir the sausage into the sauce and cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Toss the pasta with the sauce and chopped parsley and serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.