1. 384g (1lb) Pork chipolata sausages
2. 15mlsp (1tbsp) Oil
3. 1 Onion, chopped
5. 1-2 Red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
6. 5g (1tsp) Cumin
7. 1 Red pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks
8. 1 Orange pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks
9. 1 Can chopped tomatoes
10. 1 Can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
11. 125ml (¼pt) Passatta – sieved tomato
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, chillies, seasoning and cumin and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the peppers and sausages and brown lightly on all sides. Add the can of tomatoes, red kidney beans and passatta and stir well. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer and cover with a lid.
3. Gently simmer for about 30 minutes.